The upcoming World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King Classic, coming on September 27, 2022, not only brings new content, but also shows us a brand new DPS meta. In addition to those classic classes, such as Mage, Rogue, and Warrior, the now popular Death Knights and Paladins have all received enthusiastic attention from players. With so many enticing classes, to be honest, it’s hard for us to choose which class to start the game with.
In WOTLK Classic, WoW Classic WotLK DPS classes and specs for phase 1 have a clear tier list. Of all the tiers, the S tier will be the absolute best spec, while the D tier is the least helpful and least profitable for us.
- Assassination Rogue
- Frost Death Knight
- Unholy Death Knight
- Arcane Mage
- Affliction Warlock
Classes in S Tier were also very powerful characters in WOTLK before, but according to Blizzard’s official announcement, it seems that we will see their different performances in WOTLK Classic.
- Judging by the two DPS specs Death Knight has (Frost and Unholy), it deserves an S Tier. When Wrath of the Lich King was released in 2008, Death Knight was surprisingly strong and dominant in the game, and it will be just as good in WOTLK Classic.
- Assassination Rogue prefers to deal massive damage to enemies in a short period of time rather than the previously frenzied fighting overlords.
- Arcane Mage still maintains the same cutting-edge combat power as usual, at the same time it can benefit more in less time, and has an incomparably huge explosive power, when their spells hit the enemy, Arcane Mage can also get additional benefits or WOTLK Classic Gold.
- Affliction Warlock is also a good DPS option, because the class is almost an all-around fighter in WOTLK Classic, excellent in every aspect, whether it’s attack, defense, speed, etc.
- Demonology Warlock
- Balance Druid
- Survival Hunter
- Marksmanship Hunter
- Feral Druid
- Enhancement Shaman
This layer contains classes and specifications that can be thought of as building blocks for Raid groups. While the A Tier is not the absolute best, it still provides vital damage and buffs, and if players use these classes properly, they may even be more effective than some of the S Tier classes.
- Demonology Warlock has a very high damage potential while offering a completely unique key spell power buff (scaled on their gear).
- Marksman and Survival Hunters deliver excellent single-target damage with a stealthy powerful AOE, with options for physical or magic damage focus in between.
- Balance Druid is the best AOE in WOTLK Classic, but may not be very good for a single target.
- Enhancement Shaman is also an all-around fighter, suitable for all types of combat, similar to Frost Death Knight.
- Feral Druid’s starting point is higher than most of the common classes in the game, as they are very impressive in terms of utility and damage, and offer perhaps the most underrated benefit DPS has to offer. But keep in mind that they require one of the most difficult rotations in expansion.
- Shadow Priest
- Retribution Paladin
- Fire Mage
As the middle ground in the Tier list, B Tier includes a lot of classes with different uses. Sometimes they can even play the same level as S Tier, but sometimes they are weaker than D Tier.
- Retribution Paladins has good AoE and splitting potential, but lacks a single goal. They also provide very powerful buffs for each type of class, bringing Blessing Auras, and Cleanse.
- Fire Mage offers excellent single target and decent AOE split damage, and the most tempting thing is that it doesn’t have to worry about its own mana being low on cast.
- Shadow Priests has excellent performance in multi-point damage, AOE damage and Mind Sear, and it also has good self-protection ability in mana regeneration and passive healing.
- Elemental Shaman
- Destruction Warlock
- Arms Warrior
- Fury Warrior
- Beast Mastery Hunter
Compared with S, A, B Tier, the situation of C Tier is obviously more chaotic. All of these classes and specs in this part of the list, Destruction Warlock, Arms Warrior, Elemental Shaman, Beast Mastery Hunter, and Fury Warrior, either have classes that do what they do better but better, or have one that outright outperforms them Its specialized counterpart.
- Elemental Shamans is a solid blanket class with a low skill cap, good single target, AoE, and Cleave, but not great at augmentation. They also have the advantages of common shamans, like Heroism/Bloodlust, Purge, Wind Shear, Hex, and totems.
- Destruction Warlocks has a lot of varied playstyles to choose from, all with decent damage, but Affliction and Demonology are clearly better.
- Arms and Fury Warriors become extremely scary once they progress to the late game, with all stats and abilities greatly enhanced, such as Blood Frenzy, Sunder Armor, and Shattering Throw.
- Beast Mastery Hunters are very reliant on their pets as it has to rely on pets to get the full damage of the spec and it is also a very poor choice in all genres. Choosing Survival and Marksman to start the game is a better decision.
- Subtlety Rogue
- Frost Mage
- Blood Death Knight
The classes in D Tier are objectively not worth the player’s choice, except for those avid fans who really enjoy playing these classes, it’s not worth bringing them to your raid group.
- Subtlety Rogue is more focused on PvP-style content, as their damage in PvE scenarios is very low, plus the assassination is very powerful, and the combat is solid, they don’t contribute very much to the team.
- Frost Mage shines in PvP content with some of the worst damage in the game. However, they provide a powerful mage-specific buff.
- Blood Death Knights will be one of the most important tank specs in WoW Classic WotLK, but it will struggle to transition to the DPS talent tree with stronger options in Frost and Unholy. In the late game, having more Armor Pens equipped can push Blood forward, but don’t expect it to outpace other styles of DK.
If you want to start smooth sailing in Wrath of the Lich King Classic, then you’d better read more helpful guides in advance, or buy WoW Classic WotlK Gold safely/quickly from the famous MMORPG service IGGM.com, so that, We can easily succeed while maintaining the integrity of our gaming experience. Interested to act now!
Leave a Reply