With smart devices playing an essential role in companies and with the increase in the bring your own device (BYOD) model, IT administrators have an added responsibility to ensure that the corporate assets are well managed, administered and protected as per the company’s standards in Android devices endpoints. With a reliable MDM solution, companies can protect the endpoints of their managed devices with enhanced security.
The Android Device Manager allows end-users to discover their lost or stolen Android devices. The app restricts personal assets from wiping data reset. MDM software solutions offer additional security and authorisation.
What is Android Device Manager?
Android Device Manager is a pre-built security application feature in Andriod devices. It assists the end-users in managing and tracking their Android devices in case they are lost or stolen. Android Device Manager also enables the remote-wiping functionality in instances where Android devices are stolen, and companies fear having their data leaked or compromised.
What is Mobile Device Management?
MDM (mobile device management) is the collection of tools, technology, and processes that improve the security of corporate assets. MDM allows companies to examine, administer and protect technological devices, including laptops, phones, tablets, and other endpoints used in the corporate domain.
What benefits can companies derive from the MDM solution over the Android Device Manager?
Companies can derive the following benefits from an MDM solution over the Android Device Manager:
- Over the Air Enrollment: When companies can access a reliable MDM solution, the enrollment of corporate-owned Android devices can be simplified for the IT administrators, even in bulk registration and deployment cases.
- Multiple Devices, One Dashboard: IT administrators can manage and examine the fleet of corporate-owned deployed Android devices through holistic visibility under a single dashboard with a reliable MDM solution.
- Application Management: To continue business operations, companies give employees managed Android devices to interact with and take their productivity inputs to derive output for functions to continue business operations. To administer and examine these devices with an MDM solution, IT administrators must securely deploy all the essential business apps on those devices.
- Content Management: With a reliable MDM solution, IT administrators can use the content management tool to remotely enforce essential business documents and media files to the employees in a selected device profile or a customised device group.
- Customized Management of Device Settings: When IT administrators have authorised access control of the devices through their management with the MDM solution, they can leverage the significant benefits of Android Device Manager on the devices deployed. The IT administrators can prepare many device policies per the companies’ departments and push configurations and customised settings per each department’s requirements.
- Remote Troubleshooting: IT administrators must customise android devices deployed to a large workforce with an MDM software solution to ensure that devices are functioning as per their operational standards. When standard IT examination of devices occurs, the cost and time of analysing and examining those managed Android devices can vastly exceed the return on investment. Therefore, timely studying and analysing these devices can ensure that the front-line employees retain the expected productivity.
MDM solutions are present in many industries across different platforms because of their transparent administration, improved security, and fleet management of bulk devices. MDM solutions offer many benefits over Android Device Manager for centralised inventory management of managed Android devices in companies.
Leave a Reply