If you have first-hand, practical experience in cost control, project engineering, cost estimation, project management, project cost engineering, and so on, maybe it’s time to think about becoming a Certified Cost Professional (CCP)!
Here we are going to talk about the exam requirements and workshop options. Where you need to start and what to look for while choosing the fastest way to become a Certified Cost Professional!
But first things first! Is CCP a suitable certificate for you?
First, The CCP Certification will confirm that you are a Certified Cost Professional with the skill, experience, and knowledge necessary to positively impact your organization’s revenues. You also need to have:
- A High School Diploma with at least eight years of work experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, plus four years of work experience.
(All required documents regarding your education and experience must be submitted to AACE International when applying for the CCP Exam.)
Also, suppose you want to demonstrate your commitment to superior professionalism, industry standards, and continued learning. In that case, these values can help boost your professional credibility and prestige within your network, with your present clients, and when seeking new business prospects or bidding on projects.
Another apparent benefit of CCP certification is that a candidate or employee holding the desired certification reassures the hiring / employing association that the person has a proper baseline of background and knowledge because of the certificate they have and maintain!
Let’s talk a bit about the CCP exam format, parts, and what you need to prepare yourself for:
- The CCP exam is a closed book 5-hour exam.
- It has 120 multiple-choice questions.
- A 2500 words technical essay.
- 70% overall score to pass.
- Your Essential skills and knowledge of cost engineering, economic analysis, project management, cost estimating, and control will get tested!
In my opinion, the CCP examination sounds very intimidating.
As they say, time is money; therefore, you prefer to minimize your study time, speed up the learning process, and prepare yourself in the best way possible.
Let’s talk about workshops and courses to help you in this journey!
In general, the purpose of a workshop is to gather people with the same interests, expertise, or professions in a particular field (in our case CCP!) and actively involve them in intensive discussion and research on the specific topic. So in the certified cost professional workshop, you can meet other industry professionals, discuss the newest industry trends, discuss different ways of doing familiar everyday tasks, and prepare yourself for the intimidating Certified Cost Professional exam in the fastest manner possible!
Also, your instructors will inform you about inconvenient cases and help you set up a good framework for your essay. They will evaluate your paper, provide feedback and ensure that you follow the AACE standards. The workshop will cover the AACE recommended topics and work through various sample questions to facilitate your exam experience.
As mentioned above, becoming a Certified Cost Professional is not just about the exam. You should be committed enough to maintain your certification. To qualify for recertification, 15 recertification units over three years are necessary. Therefore you need to constantly learn about the industry, the changes, and the new trends! So reading recent articles and keeping in touch with AACE is essential (AACE sets the industry trends, so you must keep a close watch on their website and newsletters and articles!).
So even someone who already received their Certified Cost Professional and is looking for new insight into project management, knowledge development, skill set, and confident decision-making can benefit.
In short, CCP workshops: help you prepare for your exam plus make you a better cost engineer.
Another benefit of the Certified Cost Professional workshop is that employers appreciate having accredited specialists! They often express this appreciation through raises and bounces to their employees!
In my opinion, this sounds like a win-win situation!
Suppose you want to decrease your study time, gain industry insights, obtain first-hand news of AACE, find a network of professionals to discuss your daily tasks to benefit from their experiences, and become a better candidate for a bounce or raise. In that case, the CCP workshop is where you need to be!
To help you out with your choice of workshop, consider asking about the CCP Course Objectives and Certified Cost Professional Workshop value before enrolling:
- The workshop must make you more familiar with the project control process.
- Developing a framework to set up and maintain an efficient and adequate project control system is a topic you need to consider.
- Understanding the significance of change management processes is an essential skill you need to learn in the workshop.
- The workshop should also help you understand and address the practical issues to become more effective in suitable and cost-effective project delivery.
- The workshop you want to enroll in should care enormously about your time because you want to minimize your study time and speed up the learning process!
- They need to give you as an individual the opportunity to obtain a general knowledge of cost and project controls.
- They need to select individuals who are project managers, project controls personnel, engineering managers, construction managers, lead engineers, and similar roles to help with your workshop experience!
for more information please click here .