One of the most common problems faced by students in their academic journey is to choose a particular subject that can aid them in building a solid career for themselves. With almost every discipline offering opportunities of some kind, it becomes quite difficult for the students to pin their minds to a specific discipline. If you too are exposed to the same confusing circumstances, just relax. Because we are here to offer you greater insights into the awesomeness offered by the subject of Journalism!
A career in Journalism is really lucrative, and by choosing this as your subject of specialisation, you automatically make yourself prepared to get employed in diverse industries. Apart from opening up job opportunities in media houses, and traditional print media, this field aids you in sharpening your skills and expanding your knowledge base so that you succeed in designing a bright career for yourself in the corporate and pr jobs public sector.
We know how burdened you are with your ongoing classes taken via an education app. Amidst all the humdrum going around you, it isn’t a bad idea to sort things out a bit. Just keep reading this article till the end and you will know how Journalism can prove to be a marvellous subject for you.
What Skills Does Journalism Demand From A Candidate?
Anyone can take up Journalism as a core subject for their higher studies if they have a penchant for garnering the latest news, communicating with people around them, expressing their viewpoints in a captivating way and understanding the media sources on a deeper level. You are sure to shine in this field if you possess either these skills or the desire to acquire these attributes before graduating with this discipline. Come, let’s see what these must-have skills for a Journalism student are!
- Time management skills;
- Communication skills;
- Researching & information compiling skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Exemplary writing skills;
- Skill to cast good influence on others;
- Impeccable editing skills;
- Skill to express independent ideas or opinions
Types Of Journalism
Once you have completed your graduation in Journalism, you may go for any one of these types. Let’s find out what the sub-divisions or types of Journalism are!
- Investigative Journalism: This journalism involves an individual conducting rigorous training and travelling to bring out the truth of any incident in front of the public, via the print media. You will traverse on a quest of truth and dig out facts and work towards verifying these to disclose nothing but the truth, linked to any incident whatsoever.
- Feature Writing: This is also a fantastic variant of Journalism as your job will be to write excellent, well-researched and in-depth pieces related to any event, topic, person or incident. If you succeed in leaving a mark in the field, you won’t even have to look back. Such is the awesomeness of this prospect!
- News Writing: It is comparatively a simple task and all you have to do is pen down a captivating yet informative news piece about any event, mishap, people or incident. This is also a great choice, so consider going for this maybe?
Top 5 Career Options For Students Of Journalism
Let’s narrow down the vast career opportunities in Journalism to the select ‘5’ and thus maintain precision and clarity sufficiently!
- Content Strategist;
- News Producer/News Editor;
- Communications Manager;
- Social Media Specialist;
- Multimedia Specialist;
Other Notable Career Options In The Field Of Journalism
As you probably know by now, Journalism is an all-encompassing discipline and it is way too diverse. So, let’s now focus our attention on other incredible job posts that may make you pretty eligible for some of these.
- PR or Public Relations Specialist;
- Broadcast Journalist;
- Staff Writer;
- Product/Brand Marketing Manager;
And, the list just goes on!
Just relax and focus on carving an awesome career path for yourself in the field of Journalism. If educators all over the world can adapt themselves to the new changes and succeed in mastering how to teach online, gaining expertise in this field is nothing difficult. Once you do it, you are sure to reap benefits for yourself. Take action today, and start prepping for your admission into this course. All the best!