Many computer users use mobile devices and digital cameras extensively to record important or exciting events on video. These videos are typically saved on SD cards, external storage devices, or the hard drive of a computer. There is always the possibility that some old videos will be lost due to accidental deletion. It only takes one incorrect click for your files to appear to be lost forever. You may have even formatted a disk or SD card only to discover that it contained videos that you wanted to keep. If this happens, you want to recover it to your computer again. Here I will discuss some video recovery methods to recover video on your Windows or PC. So, let’s get started.
Common Reasons for videos loss
Imagine opening your computer or laptop to play your favorite videos only to discover that they have become corrupted. Isn’t it frustrating? There are numerous reasons why your footage may have deteriorated to where it no longer works. They are as follows:
- Power loss
- Hardware problems
- File transfer mistakes
- Errors caused by humans
- Malware Infections
Assume you were filming a video when the camera’s battery died. In such cases, your videos may become corrupted or deleted entirely.
You may lose your videos if your hard disk is damaged or some bad sectors on your hard drive. Other hardware issues can be blamed for the deletion of your videos. If you expose your hard drives to extreme temperatures, such as those found in extreme heat or cold, the data stored on them may be damaged or lost.
File transfer mistakes
During the read/write process, footage may be damaged. This happens with cameras during playback, recording, and file transfers from a source medium to a backup drive. Millions of bits are contained in each digitized frame of video content (the symbols of machine code that power all digital devices). Every time one of these bits is accessed or transferred, there is a chance that it will be replicated incorrectly.
See more: usb flash drive data recovery
Errors caused by humans
Every Human is not perfect; we all make mistakes and sometimes big ones. You may inadvertently delete your videos. It may be as simple as looking through your computer’s recycle bin to recover deleted footage. However, if the footage isn’t available, you may require a more advanced solution.
If you connect an infected external storage device to your computer or download something from the internet that is actually malware, it is very likely that your videos will be deleted.
Common ways to recover Lost Video Files
You can recover your lost video in a variety of ways. You can try one by one in the following method.
Method 1: Examine the Recycle Bin
In Windows, the Recycle Bin is a particular folder where deleted files are temporarily stored for easy recovery.
To recover a video from the Windows, Recycle Bin, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the Recycle Bin icon on your desktop to open it.
- To view deleted files, choose Open from the menu.
- Check the box onto the left of the filename that you want to restore.
- To restore a file to its original location on Windows, right-click on it and select Restore.
Method 2: Recover from a Backup of File History
After you’ve checked the Recycle Bin, the next place to look for deleted video files is in your backup folder or application. Many Windows users depend on the File History feature, which backs up files in your Libraries, on your desktop, in your Contact folders, and your Favorites folders on a regular basis.
To recover videos that have been permanently deleted from a File History backup, follow these steps:
- Launch the traditional Control Panel.
- Select System and Security > File History from the menu. Personal files should be restored.
- Navigate to the desired location where you saved your video files and check available backups to see if any of them contain them.
- Choose the files you want to recover.
- Select the green Restore option.
Method 3: Use Professional video recovery tool Wondershare Recoverit
You can restore your files if you find them in your Recycle Bin or recover them from backup history. However, this is not the case; you will need to use an advanced video recovery tool to recover all of your lost videos without compromising their quality.
To recover videos, we recommend that you use Wondershare Recoverit data recovery software. You can recover any type of deleted file or folder from your computer, SD card, or other storage device using this software.
Following the steps outlined below, you can recover deleted videos:
- Step 1: Select the location
- Step 2: Scanning
- Step 3: Preview and recover
Step 1: Select the location
To begin, launch the lost video recovery software and navigate to the recycle bin folder.
Step 2: Scanning
Now press the “start” button to begin scanning the identified location. Recoverit will perform a thorough scan. Most of the time, this will only take a few minutes.
Step 3: Preview and recover
When the scanning process is finished, you will be able to view all of the recovered videos and you can preview the file before retrieving it and saving it to the location of your choice. If you like the preview results, click recover and save the file to your preferred location.
If you follow these simple steps you can easily recover your video.
Reason Behind Choosing Wondershare Recoverit
Wondershare Recoverit is a fantastic data recovery tool where you can recover your necessary photos, videos, files, and so on. Let’s introduce some features of Recoverit.
There are numerous impressive features that led us to select this video recovery software as one of the best video recovery tools available on the internet.
- Recoverit can restore over 1000 file formats without data loss or additional charges.
- It is compatible with over 2000 storage devices. Recoverit can scan and recover files from any storage device, including hard drives, SSDs, SD cards, and external hard disks.
- There are several possible scenarios in which you may lose your videos. With Wondershare Recoverit, you can recover lost data from over 500 different techniques, such as accidental deletion, formatting, virus attacks, unknown codes, and so on.
- Wondershare Recoverit has the highest success rate of any recovery tool we looked at, with 95 percent of cases successfully recovered.
- Using their advanced recovery algorithms, you can even recover files that are deeply hidden in your storage.
- Whether in UHD, 4K, or 8K resolution, Recoverit will recover all deleted videos with no quality loss.
We are always disturbed when we lose or mistakenly delete videos on our Windows PC phones. For that reason, we want to get back on it and couldn’t find any way to get It back. Fortunately, using the best data recovery software outlined in this guide, you’ll be able to recover permanently deleted videos from your PC in just three steps. Not only video recovery, but you can also recover any photos, pdf files, Snapchat recovery, and so on using Wondershare Recoverit. So, let’s try. Good Luck.
Leave a Reply